Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Well it's official....I'm a mother! Yesterday I celebrated my first Mothers day. I must admit I am a fan. It is kinda like having another birthday. Derek surprised me with a new tree for our yard (location yet to be determined). I love the idea, the tree will always remind me of my first mothers day. I have such a sweet, sentimental husband :) I made brunch for Derek's parents, aunt Kerie and uncle Rich. Baxter did the meal-time entertaining while kicking and making happy noises in his bouncy seat. After cleaning up, I took a nice nap and got ready for dinner. It was a nice, relaxing day. It would have been more perfect if I could have spent it with my mom, but they are in Hawaii, and we will celebrate when she gets home. Here are some pictures from the day.....

Baxter is not so sure where to look.



In his swing.







smiling for mom.





1 comment:

  1. Happy (belated) Mother's Day! I have to agree, I'm a fan too. I even asked Stanford, can we keep this going and have it be mother's week? He said no, this isn't like your birthday, birthday week or birthday month! Mother's day is just ONE day. :) I guess I like to be pampered. I'm glad you enjoyed your day. Baxter sure does like to smile!!!

    ReplyDelete