Sunday, August 16, 2009

Food is Good.


Last week we made a very exciting venture into the world of culinary goodness. Baxter is almost six-months, so we decided to make good of some perfectly ripe avocados. I had read somewhere (and our pediatrician also agreed) that a nice, wholesome avo would be a perfect first food. It was a big success!




Some of these pictures get a little blurry. Daddy got the camera a little too close, and Mr. Avocado hands had his way with the camera lens.


He is a champ! You would have thought he had been eating off a spoon his whole life:)

We have been eating "solids" for a week now. He has had peas, and potatoes. We tried the rice cereal, but after tasting it myself, I tossed it. This week we will try sweet potatoes, stay tuned!




4 comments:

  1. How exciting! Looks like he really enjoyed it. It also looks like in some of those pictures that his hair is coming in red...? It has been a few weeks since I have seen him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always finding it fascinating that babies will eat avocados when even I think they have a disgusting texture! But then again, I was the one who actually liked eating baby rice cereal in high school. Gross, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liz! It's been a while since I've checked your blog. We started Maggie on avacado's too for her first food! She loves them. Stanford read about it on a wedbsite that they are good for a fist food. Who would have thought?

    ReplyDelete