Sunday, April 5, 2009

We are NOT crazy cat people

Anyone who knows me, knows I am a lover of animals. I even refused to see the movie "Marley and Me" because I knew that inevitably, Marley would die at the end (spoiler alert!). I have always had wonderful and sometimes strange (Dottie....RIP) dogs growing up. I liked cats, but my brother is very allergic, so we never had any as kids. While living at my first apartment in Long Beach, I was found by my first cat Pumpkin. She was quite the damsel in distress, and I had NO choice but to save her. She is a bit of a social recluse, but she loves me with all her little kitty heart. Tarzan came along a year later, due to the fact I was convinced that Pumpkin wanted a friend ( I think I may have been wrong on that one). Tarzan is very sweet, but has some little kitty behaviors that are not exactly perfect. Derek shares similar stories in how he ended up with his two cats, Stinky and Titus. Both of his boys are very well behaved, and don't have any "issues" like mine do. When we found out we were expecting, one very common question we got was "what about the cats?". Derek and I took on the attitude that if there were any problems regarding cats vs. baby we would deal with it then. Well, I am happy to report that there have been no problems at all. Neither cat or baby seem to really notice the other. Yipee! Here is some proof......
Pumpkin and her attempt at a cuddle
Titus the "protector"

No comments:

Post a Comment